Purpose: To create meaningful research and professional development opportunities for students working on faculty-centered, faculty-mentored research projects.
- Faculty benefit from research assistance and the ability to focus on their research agenda;
- Students benefit from the ability to focus for ten weeks on engaging in meaningful research.
Faculty meet every three weeks during the spring (four meetings total), and every other week during the Summer. The overall focus of the SURF Faculty Fellows Learning Community is thinking about creating the Summer research experience for students and developing the means for embedding meaningful research opportunities in their program curriculum.
Eligibility: All faculty (tenure-track, full-time lecturers and part-time lecturers)
Number: Up to 10 SURF Faculty Fellows will participate.
Summer SURF Timeline
October 1–RFP Finalized and Posted to website
- First announcement released to faculty
- Application live
- October 8—Second announcement to faculty
- October 15 – Third announcement to faculty
- November 1 – Fourth announcement to faculty
November 15—Faculty Applications Due
November 22—Faculty Fellows Announced
December 1—Faculty Agreement Deadline
December 8—Student Announcement Live
January 17—Student Application Live
- Student info sessions
February 20—Student Applications Due
SURF Faculty Learning Community (Feb-Apr 2018)
- February 23
- March 9
- March 23
- April 6
- April 20 – Joint Faculty/Student meeting
March 9 – Student Selections Complete
March 23– Student Agreement Deadline
April 20 – Student-Faculty LC Meeting
SURF Orientation/SRI Trip Early-June
IRLC Dates: Wednesdays