This week the Student Research Steering Council is sponsoring a roundtable of student researchers. Aimed at current students, the roundtable will focus on students’ research experiences. Student presenters will provide advice about how to get involved in research and how they have benefitted from their research experiences.
- Date: September 17th
- Time: 5.45-7.00
- Place: Anacapa Commons
The objective of the roundtable is to empower students to pursue student research. Among the questions panelists will address are:
- Is research scary?
- Have you had notable successes in your research?
- Have you had notable failures?
- How did you first get involved?
- How did you first approach a faculty member to get involved?
- What’s it like to work with a faculty member?
- What advice do you have for students who want to get involved in research?
- What are your future plans?
- Did research cause you to change your plans?
- How will research help you as you move to grad school or into the workforce?
- What do you think Freshman and Sophomore students need to know about research?
Plenty of time will be allowed for audience questions. All students are welcome to attend.by