Once you are awarded a travel grant you must follow the step below. Grants only cover REIMBURSEMENT of travel expenses. You must pay conference registration and travel expenses and be reimbursed after the conference. Please pay close attention to these tasks. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in unreimbursed expenditures.
Reimbursement will not be authorized until the research “product” (e.g., poster, paper, PowerPoint slides) has been submitted. Submit your finished research product here
It would be nice if somewhere in your presentation you could acknowledge the support of the Student Research Steering Council. SRSC members do a lot of work ensuring that the resources are available to students. You may want to use this graphic.
BEFORE you travel:
Travel documents must be filed BEFORE you travel. These documents must be filed with the program analyst for your academic program at least TWO WEEKS BEFORE you travel.
- You MUST fill out a Release of Liability Waiver
- You MUST fill out a Travel Authorization Form (see these instructions) **If this form does not open properly, right click and “save as” to your computer. Then, open the file from your computer.
- Gather your receipts;
- Fill out this form
- Submit the form AND your receipts to your program analyst.
- You will be reimbursed up to the amount of your award. In no case will that amount be more than $500;
- Meals are limited to the per day rate of $50 per day reimbursement;
- Whenever possible students should share hotel rooms; hotel rooms are reimbursed up to $180 per night. Amounts that exceed $180 per night must receive prior approval;
- Keep all of your receipts. Reimbursement requests not supported with a receipt will not be reimbursed.